1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a box of Fiocchi FMJ through my Colt yesterday and ended up with one light primer strike / misfire and one can’t even tell what happened there. Serious crimp on the case and a jam.
Also, just about every ejected case has a nasty dent at about same spot; not as big as on this jammed round, but deep enough that I don’t trust to keep any of this brass. The gun does not mangle other brass like that, only Fiocchi. I try not to buy it for this reason, but the range has no other 45ACP ammo to sell.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've had so much difficulty trying to reload Fiochi brass that I toss them in the trash after picking them up. Never had an issue with factory ammo, but all kinds of issues with reloads. Never have issues reloading Winchester, Remington, or Federal. (Kimber Raptor, & Kimber Eclipse Target, Kimber Ultra Carry)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I have never had an issue with Fiocchi at all, though I have shot very little of it in .45 ACP. Quite a lot in .38 Super.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Fiocchi is my preferred ammo for 45 and 10mm. I like the extra velocity of their loadings since it is closer to duty ammo velocity. I hate the watered down velocity of other brands. They cause reliability problems since they doesn't drive the springs back as far.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
That's too bad.... I also have never had an issue with Fiocchi. In fact, I [and my guns] really like it. And the brass is high quality - some of my preferred to reload.

I've had so much difficulty trying to reload Fiochi brass that I toss them in the trash after picking them up.
Throw them in a sack and when you get a small flat rate box of them, send to me for cash.

·
Registered
23,541 Posts
I have been shooting Fiocchi ammo for years. Never had an issue with it. Actually my 1903 Colt Hammerless guns are more accurate with it than any other round that I have tried out of them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have avoided two brands of foreign ammo for years... S&B and Fiocchi. Although 99% of it is good, the hard primers I have occasionally encountered were with these two brands.
I've had the same issues with Fiocchi in the past with a Glock.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Back in the 90's , I burned up lots of Fiocchi ammo , and it was some of the cleanest , most accurate , and CHEAPEST factory ammo I ever shot. And the brass was excellent for reloading.

But that stuff was all made in Italy.

Isn't the current stuff made here in the good ol' US of A?

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's too bad.... I also have never had an issue with Fiocchi. In fact, I [and my guns] really like it. And the brass is high quality - some of my preferred to reload.

Throw them in a sack and when you get a small flat rate box of them, send to me for cash.
Will do.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I been feeding Fiocchi 9mm to my FEG and Star B9 with no problems. Just this Colt has not been happy with the 45 Auto. If I have to pick a side on whose fault it is, I’m siding with my Colt lol

When this whole shortage of everything nightmare is over, I’ll get me a reloader and some nice Federal brass and load me some reliable ammo.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Fiocchi is actually my preferred brand for 9mm and 45 ACP. Mainly because it is cheaper and cleaner than most of the other name brands of FMJ. Thousands of rounds shot with no problems.

·
Administrator
73,091 Posts
I too have long preferred both Fiocchi and S&B ammo, and have never had a problem with either regardless of caliber. Having said that, guns are like people and will sometimes have indigestion with certain foods!

·
Premium Member
8,342 Posts
I been feeding Fiocchi 9mm to my FEG and Star B9 with no problems. Just this Colt has not been happy with the 45 Auto. If I have to pick a side on whose fault it is, I’m siding with my Colt lol

When this whole shortage of everything nightmare is over, I’ll get me a reloader and some nice Federal brass and load me some reliable ammo.
Yup, that’s why so many of us are just sitting back shaking our heads at this insanity.
Spikes like this will continue to happen. The first time you get caught being forced to buy whatever is left on the shelf, at the mercy of someone else’s price strategy, should be the last. The other scenario (that happens), is that there is no ammo to be found. Nope, not me, I refuse to go there!

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I've had the same issues with Fiocchi in the past with a Glock.
You probably put the bullets in backwards.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts