1911Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Premium Member
Austrian, German engineering, it's all the same. :D

H&K, Glock, would probably still fire with backwards bullets. (y)

Reactions: itsmekevin

Premium Member
Wilson doesn鈥檛 make mags for those!
Wilson engineers didn't launch the first V-1 rocket either.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Reactions: USMM guy

Administrator
It was a Glock, not an HK.
Poor HK. They spent so many years carefully crafting the message that their guns were the choice of elite professionals worldwide who refused to compromise, only for a single moron to "compromise" it by loading a magazine backwards during a photo op. :poop:

Registered

Premium Member
I passed on buying Fioochi in .45 at my local Sheels today and now after reading this post I'm glad I did! I try to stick with the more major brands like Federal, Winchester, Blazer Brass, and Sig Sauer.

Banned
May just be a bad batch. The ammo companies are trying so hard to meet demand right now (and failing miserably). Quality is certain to suffer.

Administrator
I do know that the quality of CCI's .22 ammo has never been the same ever since the post-Sandy Hook shortages. Before then their ammo was reliable enough to recommend to those who chose to use a .22 for self defense. Now it is merely the best plinking-quality ammo out there and has the lowest number of misfires. Unfortunately that's not saying much. It used to be that I almost never got a misfire with Mini-Mags or Stingers, but now I get at least a couple out of every 100 rounds. And regarding the other brands like Winchester, Remington or Federal, I've been seeing such a horrid number of dud .22 rounds lately that I no longer even enjoy shooting my semi-autos, because I can't even get through a single 25-round magazine without at least one or two misfires.

Premium Member
Someone had chimed in about a year ago and mentioned that CCI has switched their priming compound to the same thing as everyone else. Eley and a couple others are the only ones left using the old method I guess. I am nodding my head about the dismal performance one can expect from the automatics with today鈥檚 garbage. The best (from 鈥渘ormal鈥 offerings) that I have experienced is Federal Auto Match. But that鈥檚 today.....

Registered
Between 9mm and .45ACP I鈥檝e fired tens on thousands of rounds of Fiocchi with excellent results and it鈥檚 become one of my preferred range ammunition.

One issue concerned me when I began shooting it is that the bright yellow, low brass, jacketed bullets Fiocchi loads are somewhat harder than the normal guilding metal jackets other manufacturers use and I was concerned about excessive barrel wear due to high volume shooting.

As it turned out, I鈥檝e noticed no such unexpected wear in any of the high round count pistols I鈥檝e fired it in.

I don鈥檛 reload anymore so I can鈥檛 speak to its suitability for reloading.

Premium Member
I passed on buying Fioochi in .45 at my local Sheels today and now after reading this post I'm glad I did! I try to stick with the more major brands like Federal, Winchester, Blazer Brass, and Sig Sauer.
馃槅 well, that post was about two months ago. With current availability, Stevie may be eating those words!

Registered
Not had any issues shooting or reloading Fiocchi ammo or brass. All of it was/is pre-CV19 however.
I concur on it being a bit harder, but not too brittle as it doesn't split easily. No issue.

Better buy what you see these days!

Registered
I have avoided two brands of foreign ammo for years... S&B and Fiocchi. Although 99% of it is good, the hard primers I have occasionally encountered were with these two brands.
Fiocchi headquarters is in Italy, but most of the stuff in the United States comes out of their facility in Ozark, Missouri. They are a small operation. I鈥檓 not very far from them and we get Fiocchi on the shelves before a lot of other brands.

I haven鈥檛 had the same experience with hard Fiocchi primers, but I have with the S&B. I鈥檝e learned to keep the S&B for hammer fired and haven鈥檛 had problems. It鈥檚 only in strike-fired weapons I鈥檝e had 鈥渓ight strikes鈥.

Premium Member
Can you buy directly from the facility? Some actually have a sales area set up. I have a buddy up there that would be happy to grab some primers for me!!!

Registered
I too have long preferred both Fiocchi and S&B ammo, and have never had a problem with either regardless of caliber. Having said that, guns are like people and will sometimes have indigestion with certain foods!
I have to agree, I use Fiocchi for .44 almost exclusively, never an issue. We all like S&B 9mm so well, we order bulk, for a group.

Premium Member
I鈥檝e ran 5-6k of Fiocchi in the last five or six years. Haven鈥檛 had any issues like some claim.

Some need to educate themselves about ammunition that is made in Missouri

21 - 38 of 38 Posts