1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these three brands of ammo? I know Fiocchi and S&B have good reputations--though I don't know how they compare to each other--but I haven't heard anything yet about Independence (which is made in Brazil).

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
410 Posts
I have shot Fiocci and S&B, and prefer S&B. A little lighter load, and a little cleaner. Easier to find (for me) also.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ive used all three, Fiochi is hottest, then S&B is pretty nice and the Independence is the weakest of the three, not by a lot to the SB] great for target.

·
Registered
147 Posts
S&B is good, and as said, is a little cleaner than most. But I shoot the WWB because it's the cheapest commercial ammo out there that is reloadable.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Independence is made by Mag-Tech in Brazil. It's good stuff and clean burning.

·
Registered
248 Posts
like everyone else has said

S&B is the best of the three. Fiocchi is very hot. Independence is ok for the price. Can be found very cheap sometimes

·
Registered
385 Posts
Tac Four said:
Independence is made by Mag-Tech in Brazil. It's good stuff and clean burning.
I found this to be true also. I picked up a bunch of fired cases in .45 after shooting them and they looked almost like they were still new.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Ran 100 rounds of the Independance today through my Springfield V12.
Had a couple weird issues, but I'm chalking it up to my poor technique today. Seemed very accurate, got a couple hung, wouldn't eject the case all the way, again, might've been me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Shot a little Independence this past weekend, not bad ammo, but nothing special either. Good stuff for the right price, I'd say.

Edit:

Mykkus said:
Ran 100 rounds of the Independance today through my Springfield V12.
Had a couple weird issues, but I'm chalking it up to my poor technique today. Seemed very accurate, got a couple hung, wouldn't eject the case all the way, again, might've been me.
Weird, I had the same problem, but thought it was just the gun in need of a cleaning (even though it wasn't really dirty). 1 out of ~120 rounds. Maybe this stuff has some issues??

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
You know, my gun was pretty dry too. It's been awhile since I took ot out. I still put it on me at this point.

200 rounds of 9mm through my beretta, Zero issues.

2 or 3 issues through my V12....that I can't remember when it had been cleaned and oiled last.

Don't want to impune the whole brand based on my lack of cleaning, and likely limpwristing a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts