1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ain't cheap, but less expensive than other options.

-Bob

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Not cheap at all. But I'm not sure what will be considered "normal pricing" after COVID and all the unemployment incentives with the inflation that naturally follows. I wouldn't be suprised if this number is close to the new norm.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts

Ain't cheap, but less expensive than other options.

-Bob
thanks so much

·
Registered
518 Posts
Recently got a notification from Midway about some LPP that I had in my notify list for many months. Limit was just one brick so I said what the heck and ordered it. To my house was roughly $100.00. Wasn't very happy that I paid so much but seeing the price of these does help. A little.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Recently got a notification from Midway about some LPP that I had in my notify list for many months. Limit was just one brick so I said what the heck and ordered it. To my house was roughly $100.00. Wasn't very happy that I paid so much but seeing the price of these does help. A little.
I also bought some of those last week... ordered Tues and they were at my door (ups) on Thursday. I have pre-loaded my shopping carts at midway, natchez, brownells and a couple others so that if/when primers pop up I can cost down the shipping.

Expensive, yes- but when paired with well bought bullets I can still load good ammo for $0.19/ea. and in this market- I'll still shoot every week.

Or if you want to play with the math, put them into an open case that I bought 2years ago for $100 and that makes the case just averaged out to just under $0.04/ea. Also a number I'm fine with. ;)

Bottom line, I'm not getting younger and I'm not going to quit shooting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It used to be you could get the 12,000 count case for $250, and get a nice box.

Now it's 1,500 for almost that same price.

I did find it interesting that they mentioned the prices on Gunbroker in their write up.

-Bob

·
Registered
53 Posts
Adds another $6 to the reloading cost of a box of 50 over what I've been paying, nearly doubling the cost to reload. Thanks, I'll just dry-fire more.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Remember back when reloaders were picky about brand of primers they were using? Or at least tried to stay consistent with load data. Now the best brand is whatever we can get.
Not me. For my pistol loads and needs any primer that fits and goes off is good enough.

If/when things return to normal expect primer prices to be around 15-20% higher based on announced price increases. I'm expecting to see them in the $38-$40/1000 range.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Tempting but I’m still flush with components. Have at it fellas.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Thanks for the link ryanr. I'm not in panic mode for a few months. Hopefully availability will go up and prices down before I have to think about buying components.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I grabbed some SRPs from Midway last week and had them Monday. Yeah I cringed when hitting the buy button but they are the cheapest around and I needed something for small pistol loads in my 38/357s. Never had the need for many small rifle or pistol until the fall when I decided to get into 38/357. I'm gonna bet even after it settles down the days of 30 buck bricks is gone. Still cheaper than a box of 38s or 357s if you can find them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I look at it this way - as long as the primers cost less than the bullets (both one-shot and gone), then I'm doing ok. I don't make my own bullets, still have several hundred of each (22 TCM, 223/556, 300 BO, 380, 9mm, 38 Super, 38S/357, 400 Cor-bon, 40SW, 10mm, 44s/44M, 45 ACP, 45 LC) that will keep me busy for quite awhile.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I reloaded with Fiocchi SPP at the indoor range for 3 years. They are not worth the time or effort to seat those primers correctly using a progressive loader. Thank you, I will move along.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I bought 10 cartons of those at a gun show a few years ago. Have a few left with the price on 'em. $9.00 per 1200rd carton!

·
Premium Member
9,256 Posts
That’s not bad at all considering that Gunbroker at $300 was the only game in town a couple months ago. If I needed them, that wouldn’t hurt too bad. Once they return to normal, I will continue my quest to pile them deep......where is my only concern!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts