1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent the NIB Series 70 to Colt on Firday and a new gun was delivered to my home 7 days later. :rock: Thank You Colt Customer Service and special thanks to Mark Roberts.

You may remember from a different posting that I received a new Series 70 from Buds Gunshop which had a serial number rolled at a serious slant and a slide which was a deep purple color. When the defected gun arrived at Colt Mark took a look and called me to say he did not know how this gun ever left the factory! And that Colt would send me a replacement immediatelly.

The replacement arrived in record time and it was perfect. I have field stripped it twice and everything looks great. There is an ever so slight of laterial left-right play in the slide but I think this is normal. I fired 20 rounds in the backyard this afternoon and I'm very pleased with the performance. It shoots better than me!:)

Here's the point: Quality checks (or lack of checks) did not stop this gun from leaving the factory. Mark has posted that Colt is dealing with workforce/union issues and I feel confident that Colt values it's customers and will do what they can to correct these types of problems and hopefully improve the quality. Colt and Mark backed their product and now I have a Colt that I'm proud to own.

Footnote: I was out of town when FedEx delivered the package (marked Adult Signature Required) so the gun sat on the ground at my driveway gate for 4 days.:eek: I live in a rural area and no one comes up my drive unless they have a good reason--I'm just dang lucky that box didn't grow legs and walk away...

Picture coming tomorrow.

· Administrator
80,928 Posts
Cool! Now be sure to post those pictures. :)

And yes, it was either UPS or FedEx that did the exact same thing with a handgun that came to me once. They don't even bother to adhere to their own rules, do they?

· Registered
15 Posts
Glad to hear of the direction that Mark is taking our beloved Colt.

As to Fed Ex and their delivery practices, they left a Barret M95 leaning against my front door with the ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED in full view from the street. My neighbor got home 30 minutes before me and took it in to his house until I got home. I called asked to speak to a supervisor, explained what had happened and the value of the item and was told someone would be back in touch with me on the issue. That was 2 years ago, still no call...huh!? It's a wonder people don't just follow them around and pickup what they leave on people doorsteps. Simply amazing.

BTW, Happy New Year All!

· Registered
2,279 Posts
Rest assured people (gang members) do follow the UPS and FedEx trucks to scoop up the loot. In todays world of automation the information for signature required is programmed in by the shipper at point of origin. The stickers on the box saying adult signature required are not what the drivers are trained to go by. There is a very specific prompt that alerts the driver on whether or not a signature is required at point of delivery. The driver can not over ride this prompt.

Before assuming the driver was an idiot-it may be worthwhile to see if your shipper paid the additional fee for a direct signature required. Hope this helps.

· Administrator
80,928 Posts
So, where's the pics? :D

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haven't been able to get the forum to come up for two days.....:scratch:

First range trip today and shot 150 rounds with no problems.:rock: Got a couple of pieces of brass in the face but this Colt dead-on.

I hate that darn flash spot--need to get some photos outside in the sunlight.

· Administrator
80,928 Posts
Well, this side sure looks good. Is the other side just as clean?

· Banned
4,085 Posts
LZ... I'm very happy for you. These seventies are such great guns. And good on Colt to taking care of you so quickly. Looks like Mark is well on his way to pulling Colt up by it's bootstraps. He's got a big job to do, but I am very hopeful that he will make the difference needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.