1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anyone Have Any Experience With The Company "gunfighters Ltd". There Is A Training Manual They Are Selling Called "training For Success". Does Anyone Have Any Feedback Regarding This Manual?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Gunfighters, LTD is Lou Chiodo's company. Chiodo is the California Highway Patrol officer who developed CHP's target-focused shooting program. I attended a one-day class that Chiodo presented at an IALEFI regional and was pretty impressed. Whether or not you're a believer in point-shooting, Chiodo's class is worth attending. He had us hitting accurately without sights out to about fifteen yards. Chiodo states that target-focused shooting will work out to twenty-five yards. I don't doubt him, but suspect it's probably easier to train officers to use their sights at that distance.

The book is pretty good, but not the most polished work. It's a binder 157 pages long, but printed only on one side of the page and double-spaced. No one's going to use it as a coffee table book (well, I might), but it does have some good information.

Overall, Lou's a good guy and a good instructor. I'd recommend both the course and the book. Good luck and be safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts