1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my hands on a "Firestorm" (associated with LLama) 1911. I don't own a 1911, but the only difference I noticed is that the case ejector is spring loaded & integrated/attached to the slide. The fit and finish looked pretty good (parkerized). I have some Questions....

Are these 100% compatible with standard 1911 parts?

Anyone have any experience with these?

For a 1911 newbie, would this pistol be worth $225.00?

It's either that or $325 for a Charles Daly..

Thanks,
jk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I do not have any experience with a Firestorm but I can say something about the Charles Daly. It will probably not work reliably out of the box. To get to feed and eject reliably had to buy new mags, replace and tune the extractor, put in a new 16lb recoil spring (the factory one seemed to compress like a 8 lb spring) and replace firing pin stop to keep the extractor from torquing around. The trigger was very gritty due to a very rough bluing job on the sear. Some polishing fixed it though. A friend of mine also bought one....Same problems. They seem to be accurate guns though once you iron out the above problems. To repeat some words of wisdom..you get what you pay for.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,299 Posts
The Llamas are not 1911 clones. If you go to the technical pages at m1911.org you will find a short article on 1911/Llama compatibility.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rick B. - I understand your sediments agianst the Llama but for a few items it still is a 1911 Clone. Here is what he had to say on the matter:

Ross Robinson (e-mail at [email protected]) read my doubts about Llama's being exact copies of the M-1911 and he was kind enough to send me his findings on this subject. Thanks Ross.

The following parts fit with no modifications required:

Extractor, recoil spring, guide rod, recoil spring plug, firing pin stop, magazine, hammer, hammer strut, hammer pin, safety, sear, sear pin.

The following parts fit with some modification:

Barrel bushing, barrel, firing pin, magazine catch, grip safety, slide stop, trigger, sear spring, disconnector.

So based on this I would respectfully disagree with you.

10 X

1 - 4 of 4 Posts