1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my last range session, I stripped my 7.45 for cleaning. I noticed that the firing pin safety plunger is stuck in. How can I get it out? I removed the firing pin stop, firing pin, and firing pin spring. I tried to move the extractor back and forth to see if the plunger would free up. I dont have a drift pin to remove the rear sight.

·
Registered
146 Posts
With a small punch push the plunger up then tilt the slide up so that the fp slides out. then the stop and spring should fall out. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
812 Posts
The extractor has to be backed out very slightly on the Series 89 pistols I'm familiar with.

-- Chuck
Just a hair, but true.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Josh:

The rear sight holds a little bitty spring in place from the top. Don't muck with it.... When you remove the plunger the spring will come out with it....

Back the EXTRACTOR out just a bit and work with the plunger. At some point the thing will pop out. If you're lucky you won't lose the spring :D....

(You may have to move the extractor a few times....)

If you just want to free up the plunger diddle the extractor. If it doesn't fly across the room you may hit the sweet spot :D.... After you've done it a few times it's easy.

Regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts