1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the plunge into the world of 1911's today when I purchased a new Kimber Pro-Carry in Stainless.

I went out shopping with every intention of getting a full size classic, but the Pro-Carry felt better in my hand and seemed to point better and faster than the 5" Custom.

Besides carry duty, I plan to shoot IDPA with the Pro-Carry. Any advice on good holsters and break in for the Kimber.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by 44_Special:
I took the plunge into the world of 1911's today when I purchased a new Kimber Pro-Carry in Stainless.

I went out shopping with every intention of getting a full size classic, but the Pro-Carry felt better in my hand and seemed to point better and faster than the 5" Custom.

Besides carry duty, I plan to shoot IDPA with the Pro-Carry. Any advice on good holsters and break in for the Kimber.

Thanks
Congrat's on your purchase... The "Pro" format has always been my favorite, having owned more Commander's than anything else, although I am starting to lean towards Full Sized 1911's again...

As for holsters, it depends on what you prefer, and the options are limitless... IWB, OWB, Paddle, Leather, Kydex... You name it...

For IWB, I prefer the Sparks VM2, and the Alessi Talon Plus is right behind it... For OWB, I prefer the Alessi CQC/s, and the Sparks CC-AT, or 60-TK behind it.

For a Paddle, I love my Safariland 560.

Kydex holsters have a purpose as well, but I have always preferred the smell of Fine Leather...

Enjoy your new baby!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Galco Miami Classic or a Blade Tech IWB. Kydex is a little rough on finishes, but all I tote is stainless, so it holds up very well in any type of holster medium.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts