1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started looking for my first 1911 last week.
I was thinking Springfield and then almost bought a Rock Island A1 FS.
Then I saw this one last week at my LGS. I went home and thought about it and then went back today to see if it was still there. It was, so I brought it home. It is used but it is my first and looking forward to taking it to the range

Springfield 1911 A1 Mil-Spec
http://imageshack.us/a/img440/9978/j8cn.jpg

·
Registered
339 Posts
I dig it!

I got my first Springfield a few weeks ago, an A-1 GI model. The previous owner had the slide cut for Novak dovetails and installed Trijicon and 10-8 sights. The machine work, sights, and grips probably cost more than the gun's base price, but it's a no-nonsense blaster now.

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
I dig it! I got my first Springfield a few weeks ago, an A-1 GI model. The previous owner had the slide cut for Novak dovetails and installed Trijicon and 10-8 sights. The machine work, sights, and grips probably cost more than the gun's base price, but it's a no-nonsense blaster now.
Good deal on the sights. Have that GI's ejection port lowered and flared and you will be all set.

Bill

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats on purchasing your first 1911. I have had my Mil-Spec for just over a month now and love it. Flawless after 300 rounds.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Grats ,, on the Springer

My first was a Springer Milspec as well

Its been upgraded a little and I bought the milspec for that reason , So I could do some work myself ,, Have fun ,Shoot the hound out of it first ,

·
Registered
271 Posts
Here a shot or two of mine so far

·
Registered
271 Posts
New sights ,,, A lot more sanding and Blending and then Coating,, Ive done the work myself ,, My first time so things aren't perfect by far ,, Maybe next time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts