1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah...I thought I typed printed, but I guess I did not...Still cool how they chose a 1911 for the first 3D printed handgun...

·
Administrator
73,988 Posts
A 3D printed handgun still needs its parts properly heat treated if it's going to last more than a box of ammo without failing. I also wonder how they can 3D print springs and have them be tempered so that they actually work as springs.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I would think that spending half a mill on a printer they could afford a proper rest...:)

It's cool but you could see it had issues returning to battery at first..

·
Registered
177 Posts
A 3D printed handgun still needs its parts properly heat treated if it's going to last more than a box of ammo without failing. I also wonder how they can 3D print springs and have them be tempered so that they actually work as springs.
Article stated that springs were purchased, not printed.

But, where is the trigger?:scratch:

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
First METAL 3D printed handgun! The first 3D printed handgun is the Liberator, and it was printed in plastic.

·
Registered
75 Posts
possibilities are endless. We might even be able to put the Chinese out of business...unless the printers themselves are made in China.

·
Administrator
73,988 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
The springs were the only component not printed.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Somewhere JMB is smiling right now. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts