1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I gave my first CCW class this past weekend it was a two day class. I do believe it was a success an quite an experience. I had a mixed representation of students, some were very experienced competition shooters and some were shooters with firearms experience that was more toward being casual shooters. The pistol course I gave was the NRA Basic Pistol and I feel this is an excellent course as safety is stressed through out the course. I do believe this to be a plus because as part of the class on the second day is the live fire exercise and I never had any of the 18 students that had a safety violation. At this time I want to thank the NRA for making it possible for me to become a certified pistol instructor, and offering the training courses they do to the general public. I also want to thank the NRA and the Western Missouri Shooters Alliance for all the hours they have put in, trying to get CCW in Missouri.
Regards
Bob Hunter
(816) 675-2340
www.huntercustoms.com

·
Registered
228 Posts
Good job!

I hope to take the class soon in the Springfield area. Before the court put a hold on everything, most of the local classes had filled up way in advance.

I currently don't know what the is status of the training classes.

I guess that I need to find out.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Bob,
Thank you for stepping up and teaching the class. I do not live in MO, but I once did. Glad to see they got the ball rolling there on CCW and people like yourself stepping up and doing the teaching. People like you are what keeps our sport and rights alive.

Stacey

·
Registered
418 Posts
I am sad to say I took the class in St. Joseph put on by F.L.E.E.T.S. It was a joke. They were completely unorganized and seemed like they had put the lesson plan together on the way to the class. One of the students had never shot a gun before. They taught almost no gun safty. It was over all a disappointing expeiriance. I wish I would have known you were giving a class. I would have been one of the first on the list.:)

clipse

·
Registered
490 Posts
I thought FLEETS made ready-to-use enemas! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whofan,
Thanks for the kind words. I already have several people inquiring about my next class. There's much more work involved than most realize in giving the class both in preperation and after the class is completed doing all the paper work that must be kept on file and the paper work each student must receive to get their CCW permit. It takes a lot of my time away from the shop so I plan to do about four classes a year. My next class will be sometime after the first of the year.

Warhorse545,
Thank you for the kind words. Now if we can get the judge thats been bought off by the liberals to make a decission we can move forward and get the law into effect.

Clipse,
Sorry to hear about the disappointing class. I chose to do the NRA course in my class, because if one reads the requirements set forth in the CCW bill it reads as if it was taken right out of the NRA Basic Pistol Knowledge handbook that all my students received. The response I received even from the experienced competition shooters in my class was all very positive even though they already knew most of what was in the handbook. Some of the reasons I decided to give the classes was because of some of the stories I was hearing from people that experienced the same thing you did and the price gouging that was being done to the students. Some say that down around KC they are paying as high as $300.00 to take the class and in my opinion this nothing more than gouging people.

Regards
Bob Hunter
(816) 675-2340
www.huntercustoms.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts