1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I picked up my Eclipse Pro II and went to clean it. Carefully following the directions so I thought, I just removed the slide lock and was trying to move the slide off, but now the slide is stuck to the rear and wont come forward. Any help would be appreciated!

Ok Im an idiot, I took care of it

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
You probably know now, but for future SOS's, it cannot be said enough...DON'T TOUCH THE GRIP SAFETY DURING DIS/ASSEMBLY! (On Series-II Kimbers)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I saw that in big red letters, but working that thing forward is tough to get leverage without holding back there. NOW I cannot get the damn spring and guide rod assembly out there is no bushing to move like my colt, And have the take down pin in there but the directions seem to skip that part.
Thanks for your response by the way AZ

think I may have lucked out though this thing has an internal extractor

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
I prefer to capture the recoil spring first. Lock the slide back, insert your "tool" into the hole on the guide rod, and gently let the slide forward. The slide will now be much easier to manipulate. When the slide is off, the captured spring/rod assembly will just slide out the back. You can do it without putting your eye out now by turning the slide upside down and pushing the guide rod forward against the spring until you can insert the takedown tool.

Glad to help! :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the takedown tool in place, and the recoil spring is compressed, it should just slide out the back of the slide? I have the slide off and the spring/rod assembly will not move.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
You should be able to move the barrel link forward (out of the way) and the assembly should just fall out backwards. The takedown tool should be pinched between the rod and the front "bushing". If it's caught on anything else, it may be hanging up.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Your attachment didn't come through. I sent you a PM.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Looks like the short leg of the tool is catching. Try to pull it out a little. If that's it, cut it a little shorter before reassembly.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Yep. The tension should be on the rod, not the slide. There can't be much if any of the tool sticking out the rod.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
You've got me...try gently tapping on the front of the guiderod.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
I went and got my Compact. I'm stupid! The tool needs to be inserted the other way (from the top down).

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Put it in the other way before reassembly. Much easier!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts