1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 'new' RIA Match .45 & first firing

Bought this RIA Match 2 weeks ago after a lot of research since this is my first 1911 . . . . actually it is my first gun I buy in SoCal

Gun was shot a 100 rounds - the seller claims - and I was somewhat disappointed he didn't clean it . . . we'll I would do it . . .

But apparently he was trying because you can see the famous scratch . . . .

And I tried to clean it when I came home but . . . I forgot to buy a bushing wrench :-(

Anyway I am gonna pick one up later today

But first of all I want to thank Shawn Fairbairn from RIA for the support he and the team gave me !

I shot him at least 50 mails (probably a lot more) regarding the different RIA models to get some knowledge on the Rock Arms and he always got back to me - and fast !

Shawn and RIA team : thanks again my friends ! ! !

Definitely there will be other RIA's in my collection !

Although we live in Rancho Mirage - 2 hours apart (one way) from the seller - he made me a really nice price . . . so I couldn't resist . . .

Picked up the pistol 2 days ago and yesterday was my first time firing it

Really smooth working and I love the trigger . . . I guess around 4.5 lbs . . . maybe even a little bit less . . . just the way it should be (for me ;-)

Here are some results @ 25 ft (the paper size is A4)

To be honest . . . I was or better I still am really impressed !

Still need to practice some more because I want those lonely black wholes really closer to their friends

Love the Match - great pistol !

My 1911 . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Congrats on the Match and as you see, an excellent firearm and more accurate than most shooters. Had one a couple of years ago. Had I known then I could have painlessly dumped the beavertail for a G.I. style grip safety, I'd still have it. Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Congrats on the Match and as you see, an excellent firearm and more accurate than most shooters. Had one a couple of years ago. Had I known then I could have painlessly dumped the beavertail for a G.I. style grip safety, I'd still have it. Hope you enjoy it.
Normally I was going to shoot the Match today but something came in between :-(

But just picked up my bushing wrench . . . 3 bucks . . . so this problem is already solved

Cleaning tonight !

And than pop another 150 rounds in the next days

It's my first 1911 and won't be my last

Pretty sure of that

Guess that I also need a RIA CS Ultra .45

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Congrats on your new RIA. Glad you like it and nice shooting on your part. Goes to show it doesn't have to be expensive to be a good shooting pistol.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was very impressed with the ROCK ISLAND ARMORY pistol I purchased. It shot every round I put through it ...semi wadcutters....FMJ......JHP....Hornady Critical Duty....everything.....not a single malfunction, in fact had a bunch of reloads my Glock would not chamber reliable ...the RIA shot them fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts