1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First Firing Rock Island Tac II CS Ultra

Hello 1911 Folk,
I purchased a Rock island 1911 Tac II CS Ultra from Buds Gun Shop about 2 months ago and finally got a chance to shoot it this week. WOW, what a good shooter and reliable for just about the entire 120 round string. At or around round 80 with 230gr JHP carry ammo the gun locked up. After clearing the round, dropping the magazine and examining the gun I found that the firing pin shop had slid down, blocking the hammer. I enacted a field repair and continued the balance of the 120 round shoot.
I sent Arms Corp an e-mail the following day and asked if there were any reported problems with this 1911 CS as I had described and received a reply stating that there would be sending me a new "Firing Pin, Firing Pin Spring and Stop" to be received within 2-3 days!
EXCELLENT Customer Service and Firearm quality... bye the way, I neglected to mention the extreme accuracy of this short barreled 1911 right out of the box :)
It's a KEEPER!
Mike...ConquestN98858

·
Registered
948 Posts
I love my RIA. I have the FS Tactical and it's been reliable from day one. Rocks have a lot of heavy factory goop inside and outside that really gums up the works. If you haven't already a good detail strip and cleaning will help. There are plenty of how-to videos on YouTube. I'm thinking that it wasn't the firing pin spring so much as the gunk keeping it from moving.

Do yourself a favor and switch to Wilson Mags, they make a huge difference, especially with hollow points. I carry my Rock everyday for my CCW. Trust it completely.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Man some guys are way more patient than me I guess... I read here a lot how " I bought this or that new gun 2-3 months ago and finally got a chance to shoot it" Seriously? That's like " bought a new Corvette in April.. looks good sitting in the driveway but still haven't had a chance to smoke the tires!!!" WTH fellas? lol

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Man some guys are way more patient than me I guess... I read here a lot how " I bought this or that new gun 2-3 months ago and finally got a chance to shoot it" Seriously? That's like " bought a new Corvette in April.. looks good sitting in the driveway but still haven't had a chance to smoke the tires!!!" WTH fellas? lol
2-3 months is nothing. How about 3.5 years on a new Benelli M1 Super 90 Tactical Shotgun with an extended magazine tube...haha

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm picking my RIA 2 tone GI one day late and I'm going insane about it... I keep looking at reviews and pictures and I've been going on amazon and buying insane amounts of parts to install... I'm going to have to wait to Sunday to shoot it and Idk if I'm going to be able to keep myself from attempting to get a range trip in early morning before work on Friday...

How do you wait MONTHS to shoot a newly purchased firearm? That just seems like it would be something I would purposely try to do. Shoot, that's like me attempting to quit smoking... I try and try for a month or two and finally have to give in. Lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
2-3 months is nothing. How about 3.5 years on a new Benelli M1 Super 90 Tactical Shotgun with an extended magazine tube...haha
yeah but once you get it see how long you can wait to shoot it... I'm a bit of a betting man. Anyone care to wager? How far from gun store to nearest open field?

·
Banned
294 Posts
I've got four RIA's.....38 Super GI, two1911 GI's and a matte chrome tactical .45 ACP and all have performed 100% since new!

The ONLY issue I've ever had was firing Underwood .38 Super (which is loaded HOT!) which torqued the ejector causing slide drag on the Super! Naturally I should have bumped up from the stock 14# spring to an 18 or 20 for Underwood's amazing power so I don't blame the gun at all. I did subsequently install an 18# spring.

Firing Armscor .38 Super the gun shot with 100% reliability and accuracy! I was able to ring a 12" square steel plate set at 230 yards 6 out of 10 times!

Buy RIA now because their product line is going to go up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts