1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! This will be my first forum post ever, so thank you all for bearing with me and the mistakes I'm sure to make. I just recently purchased a rock island compact 9mm 1911 with the thought that I could purchase a punisher style bushing compensator for it to give it some length but I may have been wrong. If any of you know of such a thing I would greatly appreciate any info I can get. Thanks again to all of you

Attachments

·
Registered
7,133 Posts
Welcome to this 1911 forum site from Italy.

·
Premium Member
20,302 Posts
Hi and welcome. My recommendation is just shoot it the way it is for a while. The added weight on the front might make it nose-heavy.

·
Registered
12,285 Posts
Welcome!

Although my most frequent carry gun is built with a compensator, I wouldn't alter your gun. Leave it as is.

The only compensator design I would (and do) use is one that's integral to the barrel (all fabricated from one piece of steel); not an add-on. But that's quite a subject unto itself. Not for this sub-section.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice pistol.
Just a friendly word of advice, put the thumb safety on before inserting anything into the trigger guard, or you are asking for a negligent discharge. :(

·
Registered
351 Posts
Welcome from FL and that looks like a Bull Barrel gun. If so, nope nothing out there for it. If it's a bushing barrel gun look at Wilson Combat for their bushing comp. It's the only one on the market that's worth a darn.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Welcome from FL and that looks like a Bull Barrel gun. If so, nope nothing out there for it. If it's a bushing barrel gun look at Wilson Combat for their bushing comp. It's the only one on the market that's worth a darn.
^^^^^^

What he said, and another welcome from Florida.

BTW: purchase some additional optic fiber for your front sight, the fiber breaks after a number of rounds and requires replacement.

It's very quick and easy to do with snippers and a cigarette lighter.

Google how to replace the optic fiber on youtube, it's easier to do than to explain verbally.

Good luck with your new 1911.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Welcome to 1911forum

Hi there! This will be my first forum post ever, so thank you all for bearing with me and the mistakes I'm sure to make. I just recently purchased a rock island compact 9mm 1911 with the thought that I could purchase a punisher style bushing compensator for it to give it some length but I may have been wrong. If any of you know of such a thing I would greatly appreciate any info I can get. Thanks again to all of you
Good pic ... hopefully triple-checked that the chamber was clear.
#8-o

A search using the terms:

"1911 muzzle brake 9mm officer" *

... turned up a few interesting-looking hits. Looks as though there are some being made.

* "officer" chosen as lots of people use "officer" as a short-hand for "general officer's model" ; and the RIA "Compact" ("Ultra CS, right?) line are of approx. general officers' model dimensions.

HtH

1 - 12 of 12 Posts