1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just acquired a WWII era Nazi HP. Everything works well, but I've noticed that the oval part located on the slide serrations is moving very loosely. This is my first HP (I do own a BDM). Is it supposed to be that loose. It moves in and out just by tipping the pistol from side to side.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I believe that's the sear lever pin. You're talking about the oval or rectangle with rounded ends that's at an angle within the slide serrations, right? I would have it checked by someone who knows the old internal extractor models. It's basically the pin that holds the sear lever in place and the pin upon which it rests so you sure don't want it falling out and I don't believe anything but "fit" holds it in place as it was replaced by a roll pin in the newer external extractor models.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who can you recommend as a smtih to repair this problem? I'm not looking to trick it out, as I prefer it original. I just want her repaired and ready for my carry. Please help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I owned an Inglis and an older FN with the internal extractor. Both had sear lever pivots that were a little loose. Never caused any problems. The sear lever pivot used to be available as a replacement part from Browning (part #5627). I'm not aware of any fitting required. Some do fit more tightly than others. I wouldn't worry about it if it doesn't cause a problem. A.D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts