1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a small shipment of Hi-Power Practicals in yesterday. We hadn't seen any Hi-Powers in quite a while, and these are the first fixed sight practicals I've seen. Fit and finish are great, and I wound up taking one home with me (it was the 2-tone finish that got me). I now have 2 customs -a Novak Spec ops and a Bill Wilson, so I guess this one will have to be sent somewhere. Anyway, I though I would post this in case anyone has been looking for a new Hi-Power.

------------------
Greg Rodriguez
Mombasa Trading COmpany
281-494-4151

·
Registered
79 Posts
Greg, I have a NIB Browning Hi-Power Practical. I got it because I had heard that they were no longer going to be available new in the US market. If there are more new BHP's comming out that makes me feel better.

Oh one question. How much are they running for now?

Seth
[email protected]

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yeah, Greg,

Curious minds want to know! How much are new Practical's going for?

And what's yer discount for upstanding 1911forum members???

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are $699, but I only have 1 left. It is $669 to 1911 members. Please call or e-mail if you want it because I don't always check this board. Thanks!

------------------
Greg Rodriguez
Mombasa Trading COmpany
281-494-4151

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
$699 for a practical is a decent buy. Ive seen quite a few of the newly manufactured standard MK III's.

Too bad they dont seem to be bringing any more 40's in, as that was my favorite.

Greg, i know you have good comms. with Wilson, why dont they offer there HP package any more??? It looked like a well done HP, and would be even better now with there upgraded rear sight.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wilson has been concentrating on catching up with the backlog for now. That is the only reason they quit doing other packages. They MAY resume these when the backlog is caught up, but I can't promise anything. I have a personal Mark III over there right now, and I will post a pic when I get it back. It has been there a long time (just like Bill told me it would be), but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. It will represent the package they would probably offer IF they resume doing custom work.

I was thinking of having Wikman do my Practical. Any opinions?

------------------
Greg Rodriguez
Mombasa Trading COmpany
281-494-4151

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Wickmann is top notch. www.kwgw.com

I have a modified MkIII that he did and it surpasses the work from Novaks that I've seen. That isn't saying Novaks does poor work, just that Wickmann does superb work.

His stippling is more coarse on the grip - and feels better to me. He stipples more coarse on the grip and less coarse on the top/back of the slide. On the grip the purpose is to enhance your grasp, and on the slide to eliminate glare. It's obvious that he's spent a lot of time thinking about what he does with the gun. I'd say you can't go wrong with Kurt.

Jim

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked out the Wickman site. Thanks for posting that. We contacted them earlier, and I will probably send him my Practical. The price and delivery time are both good, and he probably did my Novak Spec Ops anyway!

------------------
Greg Rodriguez
Mombasa Trading COmpany
281-494-4151

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
While you're at his site, click on the link to Billy Keen's site (right under the picture of BK's gun). At that site you can click on a link that has a full review of his experience with Wickmann.

Jim

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Greg, you should also consider Jim Garthwaite.

Please post those pics of the Wilson HP when you get it back,

Thanks, Matt.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will post the pics when I get it. It will have a stippled front and backstrap, night sights, carry bevel, Armor-Tuff, and a welded up beavertail. I don't know what else. I told him to surprise me. I was expecting it in July, so maybe it will be here before I laeve the country in mid-August. I am going to check out Garthwaite, too. Thanks for the info guys.

------------------
Greg Rodriguez
Mombasa Trading COmpany
281-494-4151

1 - 11 of 11 Posts