1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks everyone for your kindly advice to a 1911 newbie!

Anyway...

I just got back from the range for the first time with this gun and I gotta tell ya, this thing is sweet, I love it. I put 150 rounds through it, (Federal FMJ 115 gr) without any FTFs or FTEs. It performed flawlessly, and it seems very accurate (especially for an older guy with not great eyes). I would recommend this gun for anyone looking at a 1911. I couldn't be happier!

:)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Good to hear!

I have few 1911's in 9mm. Bought it as sort of cheaper alternative to shooting more expensive .45, and also bought one for wife(with hand strength issue due to GBS).

Great guns!

·
Registered
878 Posts
I love mine. And when I wake up in the morning I will holster it and wear it all day. It's my C/C weapon.
Shoot well/Stay well!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Congrats - I have a Tact I and Tact II, both 9mm. Love them both. I know what you mean about the eyes. I'm shooting the 1911s and an 2 M&Ps, 9mm and 22 cal. I always love going back to the 1911s. They have a solid feel that no other gun can match. Not to mention the 5" barrel, which feels like a little cannon compared to the M&P. Enjoy.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Does anyone know if I can get " TruGlo TFO Tritium & Fiber Optic Front Sight"

or something like it for my RIA Tacital 1911 in 9mm.

I like a green front sight on most of my guns (old eyes) and this one glows in the dark & in the light

:cool:

·
Registered
672 Posts

I like a green front sight on most of my guns (old eyes) and this one glows in the dark & in the light

Here's a pic of my 9mm tac with a Dawson f.o. front sight.
Made a huge difference!!!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts

I have TFO on my G22, and I love the sight.
The issue with them is that the they make them for very limited type of guns
(Sig, Glock, M&P, XD, and kimber).
They don't even make Generic 1911 with standard Novak cut(which can be adapted to RIA guns)...

I know Kimber sight cut is propriety cut. But if they are close enough, Kimber one might be able to be fitted in to RIA guns...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts