1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just purchased my first Para for duty use. I have never shot an LDA before and nobody has one to rent around here. I found a good price on one and had to jump on it. My XD-45 needs to go in for service so I had to do something. We are allowed to carry 1911's but only after a 10 safety course. With the LDA I don't need the course since it qualifies as a double action.

Anyway I picked up the double stack Nite-Tac with the LDA. It fits in my 1911 holsters so I will be ready to go. Just had to buy a new mag pouch :dope:. I will break it in with 150 rds. and take some pics. Anyone have any problems with one of these? How do the Para mags stand up to being dropped on concrete over and over again?

·
Registered
317 Posts
dont have the night tac but I carry a 14.45LDA on duty (security) I have had no real problems, but I did replace the mag springs with wolff extra power for less than 20 bucks for three.
Mine is very similar to yours just no light rail
I dont drop my mags on concrete to much, I admit I am reluctant, I use extended 16 round mags ( the para sight calls them 15) and I just dont want to test the plastic bases. of course if it happened for real I guess I would not care too much
Bianchi has a double mag pouch in their accumold section that works perfect, its listed for the glock 21 I think both open and closed top I have both.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the pic...

Trigger took some getting used to but the gun has not had a single malfunction in over 500 rds. My only complaint is the base plates on the newer Para Mags suck!! They slide halfway off when dropped during mag changes. Not a good design. In the process of changing all of my mags to the setup thats in the picture. That is the older style that has a push button floorplate and its 15 rds.

I have added and ambi saftety which caused me to have to relieve the right grip panel a bit with my dremel. I also change the MSH to a flat one. The gun is big enough without having a arched MSH! Night sights are in the works!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I get 16 in my mags even though they are listed as 15 round, I use them as carry mags at work for the last 6 months with no problems, I put wolff springs in them though

but yes I prefer them over the standard baseplates and I just hate cutting down the ammo count

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Wow 16 rds. Maybe when the springs settle a little. I was surprised how hard it was to get 15 in there. It's just nice to drop the mag and have it stay together. I didn't think that was too much to ask for from Para. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts