1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I just found this forum after doing a search for 1911 information,I hope to contribute to this forum and be a good member. I purchased a Taurus 1911 DT earlier this year and have had nothing but good luck with the pistol ! I went shooting a few weeks ago and my buddy shot mine and fell in love with its performance and accuracy, so he had to have one of his own and made the purchase Saturday . Took it out yesterday and it would not fire ? It barely put a dent in the primer , tried again and again but nothing ? We are taking it to a gunsmith today and see what the heck is wrong ( heard that Taurus is slow on repairs ) has anyone else heard of this problem ? Thank you in advance !

·
Registered
133 Posts
Taurus 1911

Slow is an understatement and they can be pretty obnoxios too. You are now encountering the downside of buying a Taurus. You were very lucky.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I think Taurus makes a great gun. I don't think they have a customer service:biglaugh::grumble: Take it to your gunsmith and enjoy. Welcome to the forum, look forward to reading your posts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is all good here , the gun had the trigger stop/travel set screw turned in too much making the sear catch on the half cocked portion of the hammer ... So a new sear or possibly a hammer for a few bucks and back in business , really no big deal as the guns are really nice value for the money !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts