1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shot a mix of 230FMJ of Fed AE and S&B, about 200 rounds total only stopping to oil @ 100 rounds. Not one jam! This thing runs like a sewing machine. I'll clean out the bore only, then in about 200 more rounds it'll be nicely broken in. Tripp 8rnd Cobra, 10rnd Cobra, and the factory LB 8rnd Mags all ran flawlessly. I'm not sure what to make of the brass ejection impact marks on the slide, but it ejects very positively to the 4-oclock right-rear. I ran about 200 rounds in 1 hour with bare hands and the 20LPI checkering was excellent. The gun stuck like glue in my hand but at no point was it too abrasive to be anything but comfortable. Even with a very relaxed grip, the gun goes nowhere. Love it.

The only stoppages (not jams) were when I tested some Federal 230gr HST; the ultra wide HST hollowpoints prematurely tripped the slide stop twice. I think I'll try some Gold dots and Crit Duty. The slide stop notch has a slight raised bur, but doesn't appear to be peening; just a little growing pains. It also shots about 4" low and 2" left @ 20yds, but I'm having new sights put on anyways, so I'm not worried.

The front of the slide was alot dirtier, but the Range officer wanted to take a look at it and some of the beautiful dirtiness rubbed off before I could get it home.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Oh, who doesn't love a dirty girl. I've loved full length dustcovers since the first time I laid eyes on them. Is that slide already purple and did you ask for a solid trigger??

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Mmm...Love 'em dirty!

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Nice Mono and glad to see it's treating you well. Don't sweat the "brass kisses" on the slide-keep 'er runnin'!

Looking forward to seeing it run in some more. Great pics.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Very nice! A oiled dirty gun is a beautiful thing! As Matt says don't sweat the brass kisses. They will rub off but its just added character.
If you reload you can really get some good mucky oiled mess pics of her. :)

Keep it going!

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
That is an awesome lookin' pistol!

I'd hurry up and get it to Alchemy so they can alleviate the slide stop notch peening.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
One sweet dirty Mono, Joey. Way to go! Monoliths rule.

Rick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts