1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I have is the model PX9109L. Mags used were 2 Wilson 8 rounders, 2 CMc power mags 8 rounders & the factory mags. Modifications done are: bushing replaced with an Ed Brown drop-in, the two-piece guide rod replaced with a standard guide rod and GI plug and lastly the stock recoil spring replaced with a Wolff 18.5 lbs kit. Ammo used were 150 rounds of UMC FMJs 230 grns (only ones available at Bass Pro).
I am going to make this short & sweet. The pistol has good accuracy, shoots to POA with groupings between 1 to 2 inches at 10 yards. It fed flawlessly except for about 7 out of the 150 rounds, the last spent casing failed to eject and it happened mostly on the Wilson mags. The pistol was thoroughly cleaned and relubed before this and I relubed it every 50 rounds. But overall, the session was good. Through this thread, I am hoping to get feedbacks on what necessary steps I need to do to resolve the stovepipes. I know that 150 rounds might not be enough to break-in on a production pistol but in closing I have no regrets on this particular purchase of mine.

------------------
Protect LIFE...you only have ONE.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have actually thought of limpwristing as one of the possible culprit but the ftf only happens on the last spent casing. But I will certainly take note of that on my next session. Thanks, Wolfgang.

------------------

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The breech face upon inspection is rough, something to consider as another culprit for the malfunction. Thanks lockandload. Extractor? I'll probably give it about 300 rounds more then we'll see.

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.