1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/01/12/colorado-judge-red-flag-confiscation-request/
For the first time, a judge has denied a request to take away a man’s guns under Colorado’s new red flag law. A Limon woman claimed a man who she had a relationship with threatened her with a gun and filed the request.
Nevertheless, there are too many Red Flag confiscations going on nationwide. It is an epidemic in civil rights violations and the only cure is better educated judges that understand the constitution and due process.

·
Premium Member
13,772 Posts
Yep, one of the worst idea's ever envisioned by man - right up there with no-knock warrants...If you are married, dating, or even just shooting the breeze with a neighbor and you own guns, always keep the Nanny-Cam filming you so you can exonerate yourself from false claims :).

Kudos to the Judge.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nowadays you need a body-cam on practically 24/7.

I'm seriously considering wearing one anytime I am interacting with another human being.

·
Premium Member
7,460 Posts
Good for that ONE judge. BUT UNFORTUNATELY, with all the potential for abuse, I doubt that judges decision would be contagious. Unless and until vindictive X’s And their scum lawyers have skin in the game via contempt and monetary penalties, RF laws will be used and abused, just like TROs. If someone is that afraid or feels threatened, go buy a gun and learn how to use it.

·
Premium Member
8,299 Posts
I hope the judge simply said “prove it”!
The visceral nature of a scorned biotch will be behind many a flagging I’m afraid!

·
Registered
I'm a Ruger man.
3,966 Posts
Nowadays you need a body-cam on practically 24/7.

I'm seriously considering wearing one anytime I am interacting with another human being.

I've been thinking the same thing.
Part of the every day carry equipment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts