1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a month of waiting was finally able to get to the range with my first Kimber (first .45 acp also) and try it out. Tried it first with the .22 conversion kit, had problems with functioning detailed in another post. Switched back to .45, loaded it with WW whitebox hardball in Wilson 47D mags and proceeded to have a ball. About 100 rounds fired before it got to dark, not a single malfunction or bobble. Shoots a touch to the right, elevation dead on @ 25yards. Shot a clip full of WW 230gr whitebox hollowpoints just before calling it quits, same POI, no problems. Definatly ended the day on a high note, love this new Kimber and could hardly get the grin off my face. I can safely state the addiction is well under way. If I can get the conversion kit to function as well all will be perfect. All in all it was a good day shooting, even with the problems.
Manny

·
Registered
698 Posts
Glad to hear of your good experience with your new Kimber .45 and with the Wilson's. You can now be a member of the Unoffical Elite 1911 Club (but only if you carry cocked and locked). And, by the way...that little slim thing that holds the ammunition that you slide up into the grip...it is a magazine, not a clip!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've been waiting 3 weeks 3 days for mine, it's still not freaking here. Is it the shop or my dealer?

------------------
"It's better to be confused and distraught, than it is to be mislead in the wrong direction"

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had to wait 15 days from the time i purchased mine to the first time i could actually take it to the range so i know how you must have felt. I also know the feeling of trying to wipe the smile off your face

I was a mediocre marksman before Kimber but they just made it to easy for me. I suppose now that the challenge is gone range days just wont be any fun anymore....nah who am I kidding

·
Registered
207 Posts
Glad to hear another positive Kimber post, most people are given to complaining incessantly about kimber products.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had my Kimber Custom Eclipse II for 3 weeks now. Have fired over 1000 rounds and have found it to not only be my most accurate pistol, but my favorite as well.

·
Registered
420 Posts
When people are upset they are highly motivated to whine wherever they can. It doesn't do much but it does make them feel better.

I have a stainless target II. Beautiful gun, extremely accurate. I outshot my friend who owns an expensive les Baer (we think it's him, not the les Baer). My problem is I only have one Kimber and two hands. That problem will be fixed soon!

Love the kimber! Kimber whiners aren't any more numerous than Colt or Springfield, they're just more disappointed because their expectations may be higher than Colt and Springfield owners.

I know my expectations are a lot higher.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Gotta admit, I whine my fair share (especially about my 2 Para's that both crapped out during a course at Thunder Ranch..."yes, could I have a little cheese with this whine??"). I'm no expert, but unit value per dollar seems pretty doggone good with the Kimbers, in my opinion. I prefer to carry my Baer TRS, but don't hesitate to carry the Kimber...especially if I'm gonna sweat a little.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well, when people whine excessively you can always ask them if they'd like a straw (why?) So they can "suck it up."

The majority of my 1911 experience has been with the Kimber stainless custom that I rent whenever possible at my range. My entire family loves that gun. Last trip, all four of us went and we rented a USP 45 to go along with the Kimber. As nice as the Heckler & Koch weapon was, the family was in favor of the 1911.

I'll be getting my first handgun soon, but it will probably not be a Kimber. Just too many damn "custom features" even on the base guns.

·
Registered
18 Posts
BKC45ACP,
have you actually been hearing much complaining about kimber? I've been all over this forum and most of what i hear is very positive. aside from mepro night sites (cant wine em all) most people i know really dig kimber...i took my buddy shooting last weekend for the first time and he is a die hard springfield armory fan and i even convinced him that Kimber rocks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I sure am glad to read positive posts, I have some dead presidents down on a blue Gold Match right now as I speak, cant wait to get it and shoot it, I would rather have the combat type sights I think over the adjustable sights that are on the gun but I am willing to try them out ! My SA shoots straight but quit low, I too have high hopes for this Kimber, I want it to shoot like a custom without paying for the smith.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts