1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To start with, this is my first 1911, yeah! I purchased my new CBOB last Tuesday and must admit I delayed going to the range because I knew I had to do a field strip, clean and oil my new baby. I was nervous having read all the trials and tribulations folks have gone through before me.

So last Sunday, I got my courage up, took my time, had my laptop setup with 1911 schematics, and videos of "How to" and did what needed to be done! To be perfectly honest, it was not bad at all and actually, pretty easy with time and patience.

I used Militec and a blow dryer on my CBOB to simulate heat from shooting as it helps the Militec adhere to the pistol and racked the slide 100 times or so, as recommended on this site. Then yesterday, before going to the Range, I did another field strip, without directions :) and provided a bit more Militec to the rails and off we went.

All I can say is this is the best shooting pistol I have had the pleasure of shooting. My groupings were amazing and I wasn't even trying, double taps were smooth as silk. I was so focused on the feel of the gun, the perfect weight and the amazing trigger that I barely focused on the front sight or sight picture and yet I was shooting dead center with the most accurate shots I have ever had.

This is one fine .45 and even though it's a tad heavy (woman shooter here), I'm going to look around at Concealed Carry Holsters so that I can carry my new CBOB, at least during the winter months.

For those of you that do not have a CBOB and are thinking about purchasing one.....just DO IT. You won't be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Congrats and nice report. The only thing you screwed up on is........ no PICS :biglaugh:, what where you thinking man.

Congrats on a great gun :rock:

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Great Range Report well said, but as Already said where are the Pics :bawling::bawling::bawling: looking forward to the pics............

Clyde

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Range Report well said, but as Already said where are the Pics :bawling::bawling::bawling: looking forward to the pics............

Clyde
Yes, I need to take some pics and also post my pic to the Members page so that I too can be one of a select few COTEP Memeber.

I'll get my camera out and post some pics soon...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats and nice report. The only thing you screwed up on is........ no PICS :biglaugh:, what where you thinking man.

Congrats on a great gun :rock:
She's a woman from Colorado who likes Miatas. "it's a tad heavy (woman shooter here)" Or is that a DW "we're all guys!" thing.

I feel guilty, two cleanings before shooting. Congrats on the new CBOB.

dtody

·
Registered
872 Posts
I suggest you look into the Crossbreed holsters..just as you said about the CBOB..."you won't be sorry"
I think it's the best $70 I ever spent on myself..comfort beyond my expectations.
Seems everyone is enlightened by these CBOBs and other Dan Wessons..
I also have a colt defender thats lighter but I'd rather carry the CBOB
it's more balanced (double tap success) more accurate , looks better (hey that counts)the list goes on....
I'm just another new CBOB owner that can't shut up..

Heres mine in the middle with CT grips and the defender plus that I'm considering bobbing now..

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I suggest you look into the Crossbreed holsters..just as you said about the CBOB..."you won't be sorry"
I think it's the best $70 I ever spent on myself..comfort beyond my expectations.
+1 on the Crossbreed, ugly but comfy!

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Congrats, and thanks kindly for the post! :rock:

I haven't looked at crossbreed in quite awhile...do they still use a Kydex body? I'm in need of some new gunleather, and haven't yet taken the plunge with a crossbreed, due to the fear of plastic against a fine handgun...

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
No FOBUS for Dave. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Plus one on the Crossbreed.

I have a horsehide Supertuck that keeps it snug and comfortable. I wear it/worn it doing yard chores, tractoring, driving, mechanicing, napping on the couch...

I carry stainless guns in it, so I don't worry about wear. I can tell there is a small amount of rubbing, but as they are stainless pistols- the finish could be addressed in the future if need be.

Wear on a blue pistol just adds charactor, but I don't have one I'll carry.

Hmmm... CCO?

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I'm in need of some new gunleather, and haven't yet taken the plunge with a crossbreed, due to the fear of plastic against a fine handgun...
Dave, have you taken a look at Sarge's buddy at C5 Leather? I picked up one of his Montana XLT for a PM7 (IWB). It fits the gun nicely, nicely put together, comfortable enough for me. Good price, he was spot on with his time estimate (currently 2-3 weeks). Looks like he's added an OWB to his lineup if that's what you're looking for.

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
Hey MX - Nice range report, and congrats on jumping right into the tear down and re-assembly! Sounds like you did a fine job, and the CBOB did her part. Another happy ending.:)

I also have to give a plug for the CrossBreed SuperTuck. I have holsters from most of the better known makers, some costing quite a bit of $$ and I find myself sliding on the SuperTuck more often than not. It looks ugly, but is oh so comfy. Plus, has the added benefit of fitting any size 1911 - a nice feature that will allow you to carry your NEXT DW without spending more money on another holster!

The next time we'd better see pics, or we'll force you to read some of NK+1's old posts as punishment!:biglaugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts