1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in my sigpro 10 days ago and here it is, my first 1911, my first kimber. BTW, hi all.
Questions for all kimber owners. I got the standard custom II in blue. My concern is that I have quite sweaty palms, what should I do to protect the finish of my new toy? I bought a pack of birchwood-casey silicone cloth, do they work? For storage in the case, do I need to put it in the blue plastic bag that it came with from kimber? I've heard to apply a thin coat of breakfree CLP all around the finish before storage, is this legit? Wouldn't it be greasy on the hand? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Earth 1999,
Put a thin coating of Break Free (CLP) on the gun and use the silicone cloth to wipe it down leaving a very light film. How often you need to reapply will depend on your environment (more often in humid areas).

Welcome to the Forum.

------------------

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sweaty palmed guy here too...also sweaty side when carrying IWB. The CLP is what I do every evening when I put the TRS or Kimber to bed. One other thing I've done since I pitted a Para under the grips, is to put a thin layer of Mobil 1 synthetic grease under the grip panels, put them on, then wipe down what comes out from under as they squeeze tight. Also put some under my thumb safety too.

[This message has been edited by gm45 (edited 09-19-2001).]

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><> earth1999, try some sheath, by Birchwood-casey. It works real good to take finger prints off. After it's applied if you get finger prints on your gun, just wipe with a dry cloth, finger prints gone.
-----------------
Raspy

·
Registered
54 Posts
I second Raspy on the Sheath. Been using it on all my guns for a few years now and really happy with results. I run a wet patch of it down the bores after cleaning and storing also. Good stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts