1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
My friend has a fist clip on IWB for his USP and it is nice quality...for the money I don't think you can go wrong.....

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
I bought a FIST combo holster (IWB/OWB) mag pouch and belt. All were well made, fit perfectly and comfortable to wear.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have two Fist #20 holsters. Both in black leather. One for a G20 and one for a G27. I would recommend them highly. Nice fit, easy break in, very good quality. They are stable and conceal very good. There a little cheaper that a VM-2 and they don't have a body shield but they do have the reinforced opening. If you add on any options to your order though the price gap shrinks. For my next holster I would like a body shield and the difference in price will be small so I'm going to try a VM-2. But The Fist is still a very good holster.

Oh, and the wait time was only about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got a FIST #14. It's a really nice and comfortable holster.

The workmanship on it is fantastic.

The thing I like about it is that it can go from an OWB to an IWB in just a couple of minutes.

The only issue I found with it is that the body shield I had put on mine was boned for the safety in the off position. Not how I want to carry a loaded 1911! A quick call to FIST resulted in me shipping the holster back to them for re-boning. Less than two weeks later I had it back as good as new.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I've got two of them I bought from gunnersalley.com. One if for a full size 1911 the other a USP 40C (my issue gun). Both holsters came to me quickly and were beautiful. The quality and fit were top notch and they were both very comfortable to carry. I had a bianchi for the USP that rode pretty high and the muzzle rested right on my hip, quite uncomfortable. The #20 is adjustable for height and I have both of mine set as low as possible. I got both of mine in Mahogony and the color is beautiful. I've had these holsters over a year and carry them quite often and they have held up better then any other holster i've had in the past. They are still tight enough that they hold the gun upside down.

I also want to add that I had a great experience with gunnersalley. They were very friendly and their emails were great on letting me know about my order. Matter of fact, I won their monthly drawing shortly after I ordered the holsters and got a great range bag from them for nothing. You won't go wrong with FIST or gunnersalley.

later,
AJ

·
Registered
281 Posts
UnSafe said:
Anyone have experience with the FIST#20 IWB Holster?
http://gunnersalley.zoovy.com/product/FIST20ADJUSTABLE
Sparks VMII style holster with several nice options for a reasonable price.
I don't own that particular model, but here is my insigth on Fist. AWESOME HOLSTERS! Gunners Alley rocks too. The model that I bought from GA is the K1 IWB which is an excellent concealment rig. The kydex is thinner than usual and really helps to conceal an already thin 1911, btw with kydex you can perform fast presentations. I'm really happy with my K1 it's adjustable for cant and offer good retention (adjustable too.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
"pull the dot" snaps

does anyone know if FISTS uses "pull the dot" locking snaps?

I won't buy any holster that does not use "pull the dot" locking snaps for the belt loops. --- I've got an IWB holster without the locking snaps, and what-do-ya-know, the belt loops always unsnap at the worst of times -- like in the restroom!!!!!!!!!!.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Gunners Alley - excellent pricing and service.

FIST - I've stopped even looking at other makers, as Jim's goods are so good. My off-duty rig is a kydex close cropped pancake, and I carry a full size USP45 without comfort or concealment issues. It simply doesn't get any better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a #1 clip holster for my Taurus PT-92AFS that is excellent. the fit and quality is excellent!! I recommend them highly!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Re: "pull the dot" snaps

radioman said:
does anyone know if FISTS uses "pull the dot" locking snaps?

I won't buy any holster that does not use "pull the dot" locking snaps for the belt loops. --- I've got an IWB holster without the locking snaps, and what-do-ya-know, the belt loops always unsnap at the worst of times -- like in the restroom!!!!!!!!!!.

thanks in advance.

The FIST #20 radioman asked about doesn't have snaps. The belt loops are screwed to the holster and must be unscrewed to come loose or unthreaded from the belt. No chance of this holster coming off unless you want to take it off.

later,
AJ

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><> Yes,,,Fist uses the *pull the
dot snaps...*

You can only snap them by starting
from the bottom and pushing up...

You can only unsnap them by pushing
out on the top part of the snap...

=============================