1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to put on my Fist K-1 holster Friday and felt a crack on the sweat shield. I got this holster this past spring and only wore it on weekends working in yard and shooting IDPA so it hasn't had that much wear. The spot where it split is just above where the thumb safety rests, it appears that the top of the sweat shield rests against my rib and as I move it flex's at that spot and split. I sent an Email to Fist and the attached photo and have received no reply as of yet. If this is what Kydex does with little wear I beleive I will call this a $60.00 lesson and stick with leather. Am looking at the Tucker HF-1 to replace it.

Attachments

·
Registered
877 Posts
PHuber said:
Went to put on my Fist K-1 holster Friday and felt a crack on the sweat shield. . . . If this is what Kydex does with little wear I beleive I will call this a $60.00 lesson and stick with leather.
Any Kydex can crack (especially if it gets too cold!), but in my opinion, FIST makes their K-1 with material that is too thin. I know the ad says they do it on purpose to make the holster as thin as possible, but I think they go too far. I bought one years ago and then sent it back because I didn't think it would last.

Most other makers like Ky-Tac http://www.kytac.com and Blade-Tech use thicker material and should resist breaking a little better.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have the K1 for over a year and the holster get some serious use and it looks like new. I like Fist kydex because is thinner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts