1911Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
I have 3 SR1911's, the stainless 5", Night Watchman commander, both in 45 and a Lightweight commander in 9mm. I just bought another Colt Competition in 45. This one is much better. I replaced the dual spring with a regular 16 lb. My opinion is that the SR1911's are as good or maybe even a tad better than the Colts. Just my opinion mind you. Both are great guns. I especially like that they are series 70. I also have 3 Sig 1911's that are basically like series 80 but have external extractors, which I find to be very effective and they are excellent guns also.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
As for an above statement to buy a Colt and send it off for custom treatment, why not buy a custom 1911 to start with, LOL. Also JMHO

·
Registered
48 Posts
Only have a couple hundred rounds through my SR1911, but?

With ONE quick spring adjustment, it had no rattles when shaken. Slide was smooth as glass. DID "dry fire" it a couple thousand times & hit a few bits with crocus cloth for a very smooth trigger pull.

WAY happy with it & it hits what I shoot at. Oh, it also feeds every damn bit of garbage I put in the magazine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I say my Ruger 10mm is a great gun fit is still tight after almost 2000 rounds through it. I have owned 4 other Ruger 1911 all good pistols only had trouble with government model minor deal with something I don’t remember fixed myself. I did have to get 9mm refinished a Ruger just sent me a new pistol great CS.
My old 70 series Colt is loose but still shoots good collet bushing helps bunch. I picked up felt new Colt loose as could be to me probably shot fine but was surprised how loose fit was on $900 plus dollar gun.
My best factory guns out of box are definitely DW hands down definitely a step up from lots of others until you get Semi custom pistols.
Roc1

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have owned many Ruger handguns and rifles over manyy years and always found them well made and a good value. But I must say the 10mm 1911 Ruger I bought a couple of years ago was a big disapointment! It had absolutely the worst bore of any new handgun I ever bought. It looked like they used a broken bit to bore it out. There were deep chatter marks down the entire length. It actually didn't shoot too bad but I can't believe it escaped QC and was shipped that way. It was the last Ruger I have bought.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts