1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All
I have a Kimber Custom II (Black). I had a local Gun Shop put my night sights on. Well needless to say I left furious. The sights were fine, but when he installed them, his tools dug all the way through the finish and now I see silver. There are two spots like this. One front and back.

Is there anything I should do to prevent rust or anything I can do to fix it?

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Use some cold blue to darken them and when you clean the gun, rub some oil over the area when you put the gun away.

·
Registered
353 Posts
+1 to Kruzr. Unfortunately that does happen and has happened to me with a gun before. I what Kruzr said until I just broke down and had the gun cerakoted. Sorry about your luck and if your gunsmith is a quality gunsmith he should help you out with making the slide right or should have not have charged for the install (IMHO).

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Are you saying the Local shop damaged your Kimber?? If that was the case - I really feel it should have been addressed when you went to pick it up - kinda like taking a car in to have work done and finding a dent in your door when you go to pick it up - Person who did the damage - pays to have it fixed. What did the shop have to say?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Frankly, the reason we take an arm to a gunsmith is so the work is done right first time. Any tradesman that damages the work is simply no journeyman with adequate skills to be called such. Anyone who presents work to a client as finished and includes damage he caused is someone who deserves no further clients.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
As said, all you can do is touch up the spots with blue or refinish the gun. Did you ask the gunshop about what they were going to do to fix their mistake?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts