1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I get a rifle that has a fixed front sight post. Am I able to put a scope on that as well? I would imagine the FSP would interfere with the scope unless I get some kind of riser, which I dont really want. They look silly if the scope is riding way above the rifle.

Any ideas?

Can I remove the FSP? Any pics of your setup would be helpful.

Thanks
how to sight a scope

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
It 'ghosts out' with a magnified optic. It will also become transparent even with a 1X dot sight when you use it with both eyes open. Using a dot sight with one eye closed, you need to set it up with a higher mount so the front sight will be lower in the lens - 'lower 1/3 mount'. Even with a low base that puts the sight higher in the picture, you can hold your head so the dot appears higher than the sight and still shows plenty of target area. This is possible because after sighting in, it doesn't matter where the dot appears in the lens - its still sighted in. This is why its called a 'reflex sight' and is the best reason for using one.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I've one AR with a fixed fs at the end of a 10 inch rail, and a 3.5 ACOG on a LaRue base. I can see a shadow of the site at the bottom of aperture but it doesn't pose any problems.

Reactions: M-Peltier
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.