1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone-
I've had my Spingfield TRP Operator for over a year now and I love it with one exception. I hate the ajustable sites. I don't care for the delicate nature, sharp edges or the Spingfield's six o'clock site picture. What I'd like to do it get some nice fixed sites put on, but with the existing milling to the slide, I don't see how that would be possible. I know most people would consider the adjustable sites an upgrade, I just don't like them. I've seen a few rare picture posts around the forums with Operators and fixed sites, but no one's explained how they got them there from the stock set up.
Is there an easy fix to this problem or do I have to have some major gunsmithing done? I was thinking perhaps changing out the slide for one with the proper cuts would be an option, but am unsure. I'm wondering if I should talk to Springfield?
I know it's heracy on the forums here, but the best sites (day, not night) I've ever seen came on my stock USP 40. They're super visable and with the way the rear site is designed it's super quick to see when both sites are aligned properly. That's what I'm looking for: super visable, quick, fixed sites, with some type of nightime luminence. I'd rather them be better suited for daylight shooting with the lowlight shooting component secondary, because the TRP always fitted with my M3X.
Thanks for any input you guys can give and sorry if I should have posted this in the Gunsmithing forum. I just thought I might get more relevent info in the Springer forums.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
deltaopwong-
That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'll contact Springfield shortly and see about getting a new slide. I'm guessing that I should be able to use it interchangably with the one on the gun now. Wonder what Springfield will charge me for an Armory Kote slide with no installed sites. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.