1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was the colt flat top slide on the gold cups only? it seems like i saw a 70 series mk 4 with a flat top slide.

someone had said that they thought that the flat top was a mold for just the gold cups.

russel the cop

------------------
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND....

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I thought the enhanced Officer was the only other Colt 1911 with a flattop. Good question Russell213, good to see someone still has an un numbed brain. On this increasingly odd forum.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The Colt Enhanced Series had the raised flat tops. The .38 super that just released is also a flat top/ enhanced model. The rest of the enhanced models were phased out for the XS series.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Extremely good info there FirearmsPlus.FL. I will contact you without hesitation for my next Colt. Is this ok?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The gun shop I deal with has a new Gold Cup Trophy pistol that does not have a flat slide top or raised rib.

Also, the sights aren't the old Eliasson type, but are BO-MAR sights.

When I looked at that pistol and compared it to my 1991A1 with Videki trigger and BO-MAR sights, I couldn't tell a great deal of difference other than it also having a drop-in beavertail, commander hammer, scalloped ejection port and the wide gold cup trigger.

Tom

·
Registered
370 Posts
my stainless MK4 slide is a flat top

------------------
Caspian frame + Colt parts = Col-spian? or Cas-olt?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts