1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know or WCR have you got any idea when WC will offer flatwire recoil springs for the 10mm government and commander size 1911's.
I've looked around the WC site but I haven't seen them thus far.
Thanks,

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I haven't gone in that direction...I know a 22 pound flat wire Glock spring would fit. I just don't know if it would be enough spring because the flat wire has different characteristics under recoil and I'm not a 10mm guy (I would be but for the cost). What weight came in the gun?

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Nothing announced about mags with these springs for anything other than full-sized 45 ACP. You're not the first to ask and the answer is always basically "no info available."
It will happen eventually.
I think he was talking about the recoil springs...the guide for the 17# flatwire recoil system is the same, and if he used a stronger spring it would work for a 10mm.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think he was talking about the recoil springs...the guide for the 17# flatwire recoil system is the same, and if he used a stronger spring it would work for a 10mm.
Duh, of course you're right. Sorry all. I had actually just finished loading flat wire spring mags so that was on my mind.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't gone in that direction...I know a 22 pound flat wire Glock spring would fit. I just don't know if it would be enough spring because the flat wire has different characteristics under recoil and I'm not a 10mm guy (I would be but for the cost). What weight came in the gun?
I'm thinking 23 or 24, I counted the coils and there are 29 or 30 best I can tell if you count the little end coils. I'm thinking 24 though it's stout.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts