1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned, Flitzed, and Tetra greased the Kimber CDP yesterday.
Results: (after normal cleaning)

Flitz paste: Got her pretty glitery and shiny. Took off what couldn't get off with wire brush!
Note: Flitz towel-ets are a pain and don't do well on a gun. Save it for jewelry.

Tetra gun grease: Put a little on, wiped off completely and left the polimer film to impregnate the metal pores and scrathes. Gun actions really slick and is completely dry!
Note: Product instructs that one application will last 1000+ rounds.

My theory on the Tetra application was that if I get the gun completely clean and use the Flitz to polish, the pores would be clear od dirt to accept the polimer.
Anyone else used this stuff mentioned? Results?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I put 2 dabs of Tetra gun grease in each slide rail of my Kimber stainless pistols. I first started using Tetra grease on my Sig 229 slide then switched to oil. The first time I used oil instead of Tetra grease I noticed quite a bit of wear to the aluminum frame.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I use Tetra oil and grease for my 1911's. The Customer Service Rep. at Tetra recommended me to "dry buff" Tetra grease into the frame and slide rails. (Saturate a patch and vigoriusly work it into the surfaces.) He claimed the polymers would adhere to the metal and provide superior lubrication. I have also found that Tetra oil does not dry out after weeks in a carry gun, unlike petroleum products.

Martyu

1 - 3 of 3 Posts