1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to upgrade my Turnbull Charcoal Blue X-Tac Compact and considered adding a 1-piece round-butt magwell and fluting the barrel & chamber.
Decided that the magwell was just too much trouble for the difference it would make, but went ahead with the trouble-free fluting option.
I am very pleased with the flutes and great service from WilsonCombat.

(The pictures do not show the barrel flutes of course.)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
7never even shot an X-Tac much less owned one I always thought they looked kinda boring in the standard finish, but that one is downright nice. Congrats

Now we need a range report

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Sweet pistol! I dig the flutes too, I have them on my X. However, I just can't stop wondering how super-cool the X might look with "X" pattern flutes instead. :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Looks great!

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Do you need to send the whole pistol to the mothership, or do you send just the barrel?

·
Super Moderator
14,627 Posts
Once again your gorgeous XTAC shows up looking even better this time, and I always love looking at that X pattern on the Turnbull charcoal bluing. The flutes compliment it very nicely.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
stunning

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Looks nice. Don't see many blue XCOM's.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Fantastic, really cool.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Super Moderator
14,627 Posts
I guess that will have to be my next one, I really like the XTAC but would want it in a blued finish. May just have to order one after I get done paying for my SG.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts