1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , has anyone had any experince with the FM detective kit for Hi powers as seen in the SHOTGUN NEWS from The Dealer Warehouse. Its a compact slide to make a HP compact. They go for $195.Made in Argentina by FM. They look interesting:D Thanks for any help. ALso who is FM vs FN?

·
Registered
684 Posts
FM vs FN

FM stands for Fuerza Militar, which means Military Force (or army) in Spanish. FM BHPs were produced at an army arsenal at Rosada, Argentina. FN stands for Fabrique National, which is a longtime Belgian arms manufacturer that had a long manufacturing relationship with John M. Browning. This company also produced the FN-FAL rifle and the original version of the US army's current squat attack weapon.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I too am interested in the Detective slide or the FM Detective Compact HiPower sold by the Dealer warehouse. Anyone with experience with these pistols.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Richard said:
The units are overpriced. Why? I only paid $210 for my FM pistol. Regards, Richard:D
And I paid less than $200 for a Browning HiPower:p

What I asked was if anyone had any experience with the Detective models or slides from FM.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
jacketech, I addressed the beginning post by BB 4XL not yours. I have well over 5,000 rounds through my pistol and I am entitled to my opinion. That opinion is that I would not pay $200 for a barrel, recoil spring, and slide that are not Browning/FN quality. One is being raped by the distributor for a slight oddity. Regards, Richard:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ya, I have had one for about a year now. I like it alot. I bought it already on a FM frame from FAC. I put a C&S wide trigger and extended saftey along with Houge grips and I carry it alot. My main carry is still my NRM Commander but I really like the FM alot and carry it quite often. It shoots great. I seem to be attracted to mid sized guns. They seem to fit my eye better. I recommend getting one, unless you can afford a $2000 pathfinder....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
FM Detective Sights

Try the manufacturer's web page (www.myaflb.com.ar), select "Productos", "Armas Portatiles" and then "Datos Tecnicos". This will display the entire line of HP pistols in production.

By the way, FM stands for "Fabricaciones Militares", which is the name of the state company that produces military weapons in Argentina (HP 35, FAL, etc)

JCM

·
Registered
54 Posts
FM MEANS "FABRICA MILITAR" (MILITAR FACTORY).
THIS FACTORY WAS LOCATED IN ROSARIO (A CITY OF 1.000.000 CITIZENS, 400 KM FROM BUENOS AIRES). THE FACTORY NAME WAS "FABRICA MILITAR DOMINGO MATHEU", THIS FACTORY ALSO MADE THE "SISTEMA COLT" BETWEEN 1945-1966. IN THE SIXTIES ARGENTINA STARTED THE PRODUCTION OF HP UNDER FN LICENSE. THE FACTORY "DOMINGO MATHEU" WAS CLOSED IN 1991. NOW THE HP ARE MADE IN "FABRICA MILITAR FRAY LUIS BELTRÁN" IN FRAY LUIS BELTRÁN (AN SMALL CITY 20 KM FROM ROSARIO).
OSVALDO VAN LACKE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts