1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own(and love) a 90 series FM Detective. Does anyone know if removing the mag disconnect on these are like the older FN/BHP and all one needed to remove was the pin in the trigger, or if they were like the newer FN/BHP and one has to remove the trigger from the frame to get the shoe and spring out?? :confused:

Thanx

·
Registered
793 Posts
FM Detective Mag Disconnect

I had to remove the trigger when I did one I had years ago. It was an older model. BTW, I'm looking for another one if you know anyone that has one. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for your information on the FM Detective mag disconnect removal. I just don't see any of these around for sale these days. Perhaps the large auction sites.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
FM Detectives are getting harder and harder to find. I would suggest that anybody who really wants on to put it on the very top of their BUY NOW list.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
KLW1911,

Which grips did your Detective come with?
Mine came with the FN curved plastic, except they're made of a different type of plastic - less smooth and slick.
I've also seen Detectives with factory wood and what looks like the Pachmayr rubber finger groove grips. Not sure if the "Pachs" were original or knock offs.

In the photo gallery there's a photo of a bright blued Detective with factory wood grips.
I don't know if the bluing is factory or an aftermarket upgrade. Looks nice though.
Mine came with the factory paint, and I had it matte blued. It looks just like the finish on my MK II now.

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
FM Detective

I just located an FM Detective 90 with Spegel grips. Looks to be in excellent condition. The guy wants $700. I can buy it face to face, not too far from me. Seems to be a bit too much. What do you think?

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
I've seen them go for a more than that just for the top end kit. They haven't been imported in years and the chances of importing any more are very slim.

The Spegel grips alone are likely worth $100 or so. If you don't like them you could always sell them, but you'll be sorry later if you did.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you are close to the seller and can inspect it, then I would do it. As Burgs said, it has $100 worth of grips on it. These guns are like "hens teeth" recently, and demanding a premium. No telling when another will become available......your choice!! :rock:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I gave 750 for mine on GB and was proud to find it.Burgs it came with the wood grips in the pic on the left it now has black speigals on it.Goind to send it to APW for hardchrome, 4 pound trigger, and a light dehorn after my lightweight gets back from them.

·
Registered
793 Posts
FM Detective

Check out my post under"Argentine Detective."

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
I gave 750 for mine on GB and was proud to find it.Burgs it came with the wood grips in the pic on the left it now has black speigals on it.Goind to send it to APW for hardchrome, 4 pound trigger, and a light dehorn after my lightweight gets back from them.
I've never seen a hard chromed FM Detective before. I hope you post the pics when you get it back. I think the guys will really like to see it.
I know I would!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts