1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new FN .40 - replaced front site with Practical ramped site and removed the right ambi safety paddle. Removed the crappy plastic grips too. I like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Really nice FJM25,
I love my .40's.They don't have the sleekness of the 9mm's but have more of a
brutish feel(in a good way)like a Colt commander.They are very sturdy and
at least mine are very accurate,more so than any of my 9's.
Those are very nice grips you have,I like the contrasting light colored wood
on the blue.
I'm sure it will become one of you favorites.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Nice guns. Every man should individualize to his own tastes. It is probably just me, but the grips did not grap me like the gun does. I personally prefer Esmeralda O'sheehan and Craig Spegel in the higher priced grips and Herrett's and Denis (Dennis) Marschal grips on the more economical side. I also like the original red back French Walnut grips of old and the Uncle Mikes/Butler Creek synthetics. I got some basic wood grips from ebay's "Barsony714" and these did not do much for me except they were, let us say, inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Nice pistol!

How is it in .40. Is it snappy? I think my 9mm HiPower is snappy compared to other 9mm's I've fired.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shabbysig - PM sent

Forgot to mention that I also added the commander style hammer hwne I swapped out the sights.

The .40 isn't at all 'snappy' - I find the extra weight of the .40 allows for more control. I am thinking about buying a 9mm conversion barrel, new spring and some preban 13 round magazines (I live in MA and we are limited to 'new' 10 round only) to have the best of both worlds.

I added the wood grips just to get rid of the FN plastic lanyard cut grips - want to add some kind of 'thin black' grip. Just looking for something to catch my eye and not kill my wallet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts