1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd shown this previously when it was back from APW.

I had a chance to shoot it at the shop this past weekend with some 124 gr. JHP's (bulk Remington and XTP's). The loads are with discontinued HS-7 (I have a couple 8 lb. jugs remaining from when I shot .38 Super In USPSA) and are +P.
This group was 4 rds each of the XTP's and Rem. JHP's with CCI SR primers, shot from a KKM barrel @ 18 yds.-which is the max distance I can shoot in the shop.
I love it when you have confidence in your equipment.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An apples to oranges comparison; the original FN barrel was 2" @ 25 yds. from the bench (with the same ammo). I have not benched the KKM barrel @ 25 yds. yet, just 18 yds. from my shop.
I would expect it to shoot substantially better than the stock barrel given ideal conditions (I'm in Kansas-which seems to have winds gusting to 40 mph every time I go to shoot @ 25 or 50 yds.).
As to longevity, I haven't shot thousands of rds. through this one yet.

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
I should have specified my concern was accuracy as opposed to longevity. kKM enjoys an excellent reputation and I have one in a hi power. It was not really used as a replacement but just a test. The complete gun was as new. I found the accuracy was about the same with identical jacketed factory ammunition. They say the real difference is in lead bullets which I do not use. Thank you for your answer.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
chuntaro, I was a big fan of the lead 125 grain RN since when I started to reload the economy way to load was using lead.

I noted in the 1980s the BHP was superior to the S&W and Beretta 9mms with lead bullets. Of course lead in Glocks were verboten.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts