1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a prettied-up Luxembourg .30-06 FN 49 that I've mentioned before on here. But yesterday I was watching Forgotten Weapons on YouTube & got a surprise.

It's a show by an auction house, usually about rare/interesting or unusual firearms. These guys seem very knowledgeable.

So the host was featuring FN49 Sniper Rifles of Luxembourg. But he also mentioned serial numbers & what they represent in that contract.

Mine is in the mid-6000's. So per their info, it's in the range of the Luxembourg Military Select Fire guns--------- Full auto!

Now mine doesn't have the selector switch so I guess it's from a batch I've heard rumors about that were converted to semi-auto only, before export to the US. ---------- Wow, ain't that somethin' ? Far out. There it is next to the art I posted earlier.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Maybe that’s one of those fully semiautomatic bolt action belt fed box magazine laser rifles !!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I (thought) got a really good deal on a Belgium FN49; $600 OTD. Got it home, took it apart, and found a part I'd never seen in any other of my previously owned FN49s. The selector switch was missing but guess what, the auto sear was installed. Good thing I checked. First I spent a few minutes on my grinder turning the auto sear into metal dust, then I put it in my car and drove back to the gun shop. The Sales Manager was on the phone....I said "You and I need to talk!" He hung up and said: "I think I know why." The ****tard(s) sort of thought it may be but weren't sure. Darn glad they sold it to me...NOT!

A shame too, it was a beautiful gun.

·
Registered
13,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may be taking it apart soon to see what's up in there. I have no desire for full auto anything. Even if they became legal tomorrow I wouldn't buy one.

I once fired an M16 and a Sten. I wasn't impressed. Just a novelty that wore off quickly.

And I sure don't want any legal trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts