1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know it sounds a little crazy...but I am starting to carry my FNP 45 off duty because of the round count...2-14 rounds and a 15 or just a 15 and a 14 gives me more than I can carry with my 1911's and honestly it feels the same weight wise....

What are your thoughts?:eek:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I carry a FNP45T on duty, love it, it's the perfect duty gun (IMO). However, even though I do have a concealment holster for it, for me it's way too big for off duty carry, more power to you if you can make it work!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the first dance was fast, but I'm very pleased! 70 fast rounds in about 25 minutes. Not too shabby and I am carrying it as well. It is a little larger than the full size 1911 I carried but it's very doable.

5, 7, 15 yards 100% hits.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
What holster are you using for it? I've got an FNP-45 that I would not mind carrying while hog hunting. I hate to carry one of my 1911s just because it's more likely to get banged up than normal carry and handling. I really like my FNP-45 but mags are stupid expensive and I've had 2 that would not feed and had to be returned. The tube had a weird dent in the front and rounds would hang up both loading and feeding. Took over a year to get replacements.

But other than that, it's a great shooter. I love the DA/SA versatility.

dakotaTex

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I have an FNP 45 and love it. It has been 100% reliable and shoots lights out. I don't carry it often, and if I did it would definitely be OWB. If it works for you I say go for it.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am waiting for a nice leather IWB to come in but until then...I'm using a kind of universal IWB for large autos...even with that it's comfortable enough to carry. I carry it just behind the hip on my right side.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I carried a full size 1911 for years with no problems. SO a full size gun is not a problem for me.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Neo - I've carried mine off duty - it is a bigger gun; as bulky as my Coonan Model B.
It's all about what feels good to you I guess. I like full size guns and then again I love my Colt Officers Model 1911.....I have found if it's VERY comfortable it's too small....That is just my humble opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts