1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CCW Newbie Help...

I'm new to CCW as I'm new to a state where it is permitted. I've been carrying my G30sf in IWB (Desantis Tuck-this II) and find it uncomfortable. Funds are tight at the moment so I can't invest in a top-quality holster.

What can you guys tell me about the fobus holsters...? Are any of the plastic paddle holsters actually concealable? Are there any options other than IWB if I want to carry my G30sf concealed?... I'm a tall skinny guy and I "print" easily even with my S&W model 60 IWB...

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/opinions...

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Rus,when I first started carrying,I cheaped out for a paddle-Fobus. They are not very concealable,IMHO. They just stick waay out from the paddle thingy.

I've only tried the one Fobus;but,that was enough for me to not want another one.

Maybe some of the other Fobus models are OK;I don't know.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I only have one and its for a little Kel-Tec .380 P3AT
I can conceal it under a jacket but the gun is small and light to start with. A full size gun I think would be difficult. I like it for what it is though because it holds the gun very secure yet draws quick and easy. It is also easy to put on and off without snaps or taking the belt off. I'm also kinda skinny, I have a hard time finding something that holds the gun tight to me without hurting when I sit down or something. I'm thinking about a shoulder holster but that wont help with a "short on funds" issue. I'm waiting a little while myself.......

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
My fobus paddle for the KT P3AT is the one I use for carrying that gun. I sometimes slip one on with a J Frame. I find no difficulty concealing using the Fobus paddle. I much prefer it to Uncle Mike's or Galco paddle holsters.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Administrator
18,611 Posts
:barf:

Run far, fast and don't quit.

·
Registered
382 Posts
For not a whole lot more, you could get into a Blade-Tech product. $27.95 for their injection molded belt / paddle products. I've used their Kydex versions and they conceal adequately for OWB. $39.95 gets you a Kydex Universal IWB. I've used their standard IWB for my Kimber Compact for years and it conceals as well as the Milt Sparks Summer Special II I have for a full-size.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Add another vote for the Fobus for the LCP. I can conceal mine under a t-shirt. That holster has me reconsidering actually carrying my 1911 OWB in a Kydex paddle. But, as with nearly all concealment issues, it's all about how the specific holster and specific weapon fit on your specific body with your specific clothing. They're cheap. Buy one and try it out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have be carrying a concealed weapon for over a quarter of a century. I have bought and used many holsters in that time. For the last 3-4 years I have used a Fobus daily. I carry a Glock 22 under a loose shirt. I also carry a the Fobus spare mag/flashlight combo. It has worked great for me, I have never had any problems as long as your clothes are not fitted.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Fobus is garbage. It's a range holster at best, and shouldn't be used for CCW. If kydex is your flavor, check out Comp-Tac, Blade Tech, or Ky-tac.

As for paddles, you're usually better off with a belt holster. Paddles tend to hold the gun away from the body. Also, they can be ripped off your waist much easier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts