1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my fobus in the mail yesterday. Eight bucks on ebay so I figured I would take the chance and try it out. I love it. I like the paddle concept. Its very secure yet i can take it on and off my belt with out undoing my belt. I found that the holster securely held the gun yet drawing it was reletively easy. It is true I would much rather have a custom leather holster, but on a college student budget, fobus will do fr now.

·
Registered
602 Posts
A lot of people bash Fobus, but for the money, they work fine.
I carry my G19 in one (a Yaqui paddle) every day. I have a Bianchi pancake and a Blade-Tech paddle, but the Fobus is more comfortable and conceals well under an aloha shirt.

John
Cape Canaveral

·
Registered
126 Posts
I personally dont like fobus paddle holsters for concealed carry.

One of the problems I encountered with mine was that if the holster shifted your angle of draw changed, this is very bad since in an emergency situation the last thing you want to do is yank your steel and have it not come out of your holster cleanly.

Another one of the problems I encountered was that after a bit of use / wear & tear on the holster, the pistol will start to slop around in them.

Granted they are only 8-10 bucks, but even an elcheapo Uncle Mikes nylon holster would probably be a better choice for concealed carry.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
CCW equipment is no place to cheap-out. The Fobus works well enough for range duty, but when it comes to defending myself and my loved ones, I'll happily spend a few extra dollars.

I bought a Fobus paddle for S&G's and I'm not the least bit impressed with its construction. You wouldn't drive the Pike's Peak challenge on retreads, or go sky diving with a bargain basement chute... would you?

Consider what you life is worth and then reconsider your holster choice. There are plenty of affordable alternatives out there in the $50 range.

Train had and stay safe.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not yet carrying for CCW, I got another 7 months yet till I'm of legal age. Mostly this is used as a range holster. At the first sign of problems I will ditch this holster but for now it works great. I wore it out hunting saturday. I took a spill on a log crossing and the gun did not even budge from the holster. I must have gotten a good one. I have not noticed any problems with the holster shifting around. I do plan to up grade when I start ccw carry, not sure yet what to get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.