1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote earlier of my new CQB having a few nasty FTF durring the initial 390 break-in rounds at the range. Concensus was either extractor too tight or my wrists too limp. Well, I'm happy to report that the next 650 rounds have been completely gobbled up with absolutly no failures (oops, actually one failure to lock the slide back after the last round through a Wilson 8 rnd mag at around 420 or so rounds fired). Not sure if I changed much or if it realy just wanted more feeding. It was cleaned after the initial 390 and then again 500 after that.

It ate S&B, American Eagle, Hydrohocks, and Fiocchi. My groups are getting smaller and my times faster. I shot with 3 cobra mags from Tripp and the two Wilsons.

Does anyone else find stripping, cleaning, and oiling their Wilson as relaxing an activity as I now do or am I a little strange?

The wife is likely to put the .22 conversion under the tree this year (along with a gunsite or thunder ranch trip for the Spring. Anyone have exprerience with Wilson's .22?

Pretty soon I'm going to need something stainless. :)

Chris

·
Premium Member
20,440 Posts
I've got a Wilson marked .22 top, made by Ceiner. Good basic unit, it's been very dependable. I love being able to practice cheaply with the same trigger, grip, and feel as I carry. Watch out for that Stainless Bug. Once it bites, you find yourself duplicating your entire collection! If you like the Wilsons, the stainless Protector is a fine pistol.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
You may want to look at the Marvel .22 conversion. I have one and it is just great. Do a search on this forum and you will find a lot of information on these.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts