1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks I got my gun back from George.
I need to amend my other post. The praise was simply not STRONG ENOUGH.

He welded up my frame rails and recut them and re-fit my frame to the slide. Its perfect!
Very tight yet smooth as silk.

My trigger guard was damaged beyond repair by another backyard gunsmith with a dremel tool. George cut off my old one a welded a new one on and dressed it up. You can not tell it was done.... it is invisable. That is until you compare it to a stock colt. They you see that EGWs work is straighter and nicer looking than stock.

This old worn...battle scared colt has been re-born. I am tempted to post a scan of the invoice to show what he charged to do this work but it might cause him to be flooded with work. After this note that I feel is the least I could to since I just plain and simple paid to little for what he did for me.
I am going to start keeping his shop my secret!

Jim

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Hey Sadsack,

Glad to hear you are happy with George and the crew. He has a couple of mine right now. The first is a save it from the garbage heap too. I am looking forward to getting it after your grand review. The other is bottom up custom job. Have to be patient on that one. Hey don't need to see the invoice, really don't want George to get flooded with work..He is already blessed with a lot. How about posting some photos of the new beauty. Always like seeing cool guns.

Well George..another happy customer. Keep it up. You're blessed

[This message has been edited by eerw (edited 05-26-2001).]

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my old colt is still nothing to look at. It was fubar when I sent it to George. He just worked a miracle making it a good carry gun. Its still ugly cause its a hodge podge of parts and a messed up finish.

But it is all assybled and tuned to work properly now. After a thousand rounds of
breaking ammo it is destined to become my daily carry and holster gun.

James

Originally posted by eerw:
Hey Sadsack,

Glad to hear you are happy with George and the crew. He has a couple of mine right now. The first is a save it from the garbage heap too. I am looking forward to getting it after your grand review. The other is bottom up custom job. Have to be patient on that one. Hey don't need to see the invoice, really don't want George to get flooded with work..He is already blessed with a lot. How about posting some photos of the new beauty. Always like seeing cool guns.

Well George..another happy customer. Keep it up. You're blessed

[This message has been edited by eerw (edited 05-26-2001).]

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Don't you just love a guy who can pull off a miracle..Glad you're happy James..SOunds like you experience with EGW is the same as mine. Great..

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Sure wish i could see more pics of Georges work. Also wish i lived up there and he was hiring folks that are good with there hands, as i would love to learn the trade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts