1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might remember me asking about Cold Steel Tomahawks. Well I received my Norse pattern Tomahawk today. It looks to be of good quality and has the look and feel of something made to do some serious chopping and it was only $30.

They have a bunch of different patterns and I may pick up another one with a hammer or square pegged back for pounding stakes, nails, etc.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
@#$%^! Tried to look up the cold steel site to see what you got and this fascist place blocks the site *sigh*.

Sounds cool. I just ordered a Gransfors Bruks tomahawk, but I paid way more than $30 for it! Guess I didn't realize Cold Steel did tomahawks...

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
here's the one I ordered

Attachments

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats probably a much higher axe than the one I got. Mine is about what I would expect of hardware store hatchet just shaped like a Viking style tomahawk head. How much did that cost you? It looks pretty high quality.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I really like the Gransfors Bruks stuff as far as being high quality/hand forged, etc. I have two of their axes now and just ordered two more. That particular tomahawk, however, when I received it had a MUCH thinner handle than I expected, so as to be really too small for a comfortable grip. I am sending it back for two hunter's axes, and will consider the other model tomahawk they have thats a bit more robust looking. The tomahawk's aren't cheap--around $140. Their other axes aren't so bad though--generally $59-$75 on average. That might be more than the average one at Walmart or something, but again these are hand forged, have the forgers initials engraved in next to the GB stamp (they have to replace it if it fails) and are guaranteed. The quality is obvious in them. They have oh around 8 or 10 people who are the forgers, but only one makes the tomahawk's. I sort of like that kind of specialization.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts