1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The nearby Cabelas, where I was incidentally shopping for my Wife at her suggestion, had both a Razorback and CBOB 10mm in stock.

I looked the CBOB over pretty closely and I can honestly say it was blended a little better at the rear of slide than my '06 is with regards to extractor and ejector. I noticed that the beadblast seemed a bit rougher textured as if they have switched to a coarser media. Whether that would make it less prone to blemishes from coat-zipper abrasions etc... is a question for someone experienced blasting stainless.

After caressing and actuating the Greider Slidestop I think I'll have to put a couple on my wish list if I evergo on an anti-MIM tirade, I really like the feel of that ledge and now understand and appreciate some of the hubbub about them.

I have no idea what kind of hammer it had but it was all blued however the FPS is stainless now, baby steps I guess. The RZ looked to have the same hammer as my CBOB but I didn't handle it.

The mag included with the CBOB looked alot like my roundtop follower Metalforms but bore no markings whatsoever.

Then, with my kids in tow and more shopping to do I decided it was time to walk away from the gun counter... So I asked to see the Ed Brown Special forces since I haven't handled Chainlink "checkering" and wondered what it felt like. After admiring the EB for a time and pondering its' fitment and value while wondering if a comment on that topic would be wasted on the clerk:rolleyes: I returned the fighting pistol and continued on my Merry way through the herd of shoppers.:grumble:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I took a look at them also, saw the CBOB a couple weeks ago, it was nice to see a Razorback added to the display case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts