1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on the packers website about how in California it is a felony to carry a knife but a misdomener to carry a gun, I thought ***??? For the officers, I carry a gerber e-z out knife would I get in trouble or sent to jail if I got caught carrying it. It sounds like I am better off legally packing the 1911.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Greg - I'm not from California but I'd advise against packin' your 1911 without a CCW permit. (Mostly, 'cause I hate to see anyone lose a hard earned 1911 - and it's not fair to a 1911 to spend it's existence in a 'property room' or worse, under a cutting torch!)

Where I live, you can pack a big ole knife, as long as it is visible (ie not concealed), except in a bar. Lots of folks carry clipit style knives in a front pocket. Anyone who sees the 'clip' knows you have a knife. Most bad folks will steer clear of you!

If it were me, I'd move to a state where I could legally carry, if I were so inclined.
Good Shooting! NAA.
--------------------------------------------
1911: Best damn "Government" in the World!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the People's Socaialist Repulic of California- aka the left coast- aka The land of Fruits and Nuts - Beware, the constitution is void where prohibitted here.
I won't even go into how these people are trying to muscle in on my child support case, over which the state of OKLAHOMA has jurisdiction. But nothing stops the people's republic!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts